Your Cart is empty
Now that you know a little more about ketosis and the keto-diet, it's time to look at some delicious keto-friendly recipes we found for you!
Remember when trying to achieve ketosis, you cannot eat certain foods loaded with carbs and sugars. Most keto-friendly foods are low carb, low in sugar, and high in fat.
Meal planning is a great way to ensure you stick to this diet and not give in to other temptations. If you are unsure how to properly meal plan, we here at Doctors Best Weight Loss also sell Keto Diet Meal Plans.
But for those who like to get down and dirty in the kitchen, we found some delicious keto dinner recipes you may enjoy. Throw on your apron and throw away the flour, here's what we have for you!
Mock Fried Chicken
This crunchy Southern staple is something almost every American has tried and fell in love with. Though it is high in fat, carbs, oils, etc, we found a slightly healthier alternative to this juicy chicken recipe. You may not have to give up this finger-licking dish just yet. Just substitute its more fattening ingredients for something low in carbs and equally as delicious. For this recipe, we're using our Chicken Soup as our mock breading.
1 package of NutriWise Chicken Bouillon Soup
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp ground white pepper
8 oz. chicken breasts
1 tsp light olive oil
- Combine first three ingredients in a bag
- Shake chicken in the bag until coated
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet
- Add chicken, and cook until done
Nutrition per serving: Calories- 157
Fat 1.6 g
Carbs 1 g
Fiber 2.3 g
Protein 31 g
Not your average liver and onions recipe. Did you know the liver of an animal contains high amounts of vitamins B 12, 1, and it is very high in iron? It's like your multivitamin in an organ. It also contains vitamins B 6, biotin and folate. Keep that in mind next time you cook this delicious slice of meat.
2 tbsp. NutriWise Chicken Bouillon Soup
4 oz. chicken livers
1 cup green onions
- Coat a non-stick skillet with vegetable cooking spray, and heat.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain liver. Place into hot skillet
- Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp. chicken soup, and add green onions
- Brown both sides.
- Cover and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
Nutrition per serving: Calories 214
Fat 7 g
Carbs 5 g
Protein 28 g
Tender Flank Steak
This delicious cut of meat is filled with just the amount of protein needed to fill your stomach and give you the energy to keep going. Served alongside some tasty vegetables, this dish will not disappoint you.
½ package NutriWise Beef Bouillon Soup
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup white vinegar
½ tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-pound flank steak
- Combine all ingredients together, except the steak, to make a sauce.
- Place the steak in a shallow pan; pour the sauce over the steak
- Cover a refrigerate for 4 hours
- Remove steak from refrigerator and broil for 4 minutes on each side
Nutrition per serving: Calories 173
Fat 7 g
Carbs .05 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 26 g
Sweet Cabbage Rolls
A little side of vegetables definitely helps the body. Eating more plant-based foods can be beneficial it is known most veggies and fruits carry high amounts of nutrients. Here’s a little way to add some tasty cabbage as a side dish without packing on carbs.
1 package NutriWise Cream of Tomato Soup
1-pound lean ground chicken
1 head of cabbage, leaves separated
½ cup of shredded carrots
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup onion, chopped
1/8 tsp. diet sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Parboil cabbage leaves, and allow to cool
- Brown chicken with garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, carrot, and onion in a large skillet
- Mix soup as directed on package, and add sweetener
- Spoon equal amounts of chicken mixture into each cabbage leave, and wrap tightly
- Place leaves in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour mixture over the top
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 15- 25 minutes
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 103
Fat 5 g
Carbs 5 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Protein 10 g
Now that we’ve given you a better idea of what keto-dinners look like, it’s time you create some of your own delicious dinners. Remember, don’t look at this as a diet, but an overall lifestyle change for the better.